The Grand Challenge Scholars Program (GCSP) offers a Summer Institute in late July at the ASU-Tempe campus for 40 Grand Challenge Scholars. The Summer Institute provides newly admitted Grand Challenge Scholars the opportunity to build a community on campus and gain exposure to the Grand Challenges of Engineering before entering their first semester. Students will receive an introduction into the Grand Challenge Scholars program, such as how the Grand Challenges impacts engineering, learn about the five component requirements of the program, and be provided research tours and hands on experiences.
Students that apply to the Grand Challenge Scholars Program and are admitted by June 1st will receive information on how to apply to the Summer Institute. The Summer Institute application process is a separate application than that of the Grand Challenge Scholars Program. Admission to the Summer Institute will be on a first come, first serve basis and is subject to completion of all application materials and submitting the program fee. Submitting all application materials and program fees WILL NOT guarantee students a position in the Summer Institute.
Program Learning Objectives
- Become familiar with the Grand Challenges for Engineering
- Observe and experience ongoing research/work at ASU in the Grand Challenge theme areas
- Learn about the five components (talent, multidisciplinary, viable business/entrepreneurship, multicultural, and social consciousness) of the Grand Challenge Scholars Program
- Develop a sense of community with other students in the Grand Challenge Scholars Program
- Meet faculty and staff, as well as learn about resources available to them in GCSP
- Complete hands-on engineering activities related to the Grand Challenge
Interested in attending?
If you are an incoming GCSP student interested in attending the GCSP Summer Institute, or a current GCSP student interested in being a counselor at the GCSP Summer Institute, contact firstname.lastname@example.org