GCSP Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the Grand Challenges?
- You may refer to this page to learn about the NAE Grand Challenges for Engineering: http://www.engineeringchallenges.org/challenges.aspx
Who is eligible to join the Grand Challenges Scholars Program?
- All undergraduate students in the Fulton Schools of Engineering at the Tempe and Polytechnic campuses
Does the program provide scholarships?
- No, GCSP does not provide a scholarship. However, students in GCSP are eligible to apply for unique GCSP-only funding opportunities to support your experiences in GCSP, such as research and travel.
What is the cost of the program?
- Free of cost
Should I apply as an incoming first year student, or should I wait and apply later as a current student?
- We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, preferably as an incoming first year student, to gain exclusive access to opportunities and start your journey in the GCSP early.
How long will it take for me to complete the program?
- Students typically are engaged in the program throughout their entire collegiate career until graduation. This will vary by student. GCSP staff are here to support and guide you through your time in the program.